Financial protection for you and your family for an unexpected (or expected) illness or injury provides peace of mind. We have worked with The Standard to provide these plans to you on the first day of the month following your date of hire or hour increase.
- Elimination period (time after disability starts and benefits begin): 7 days
- Weekly benefit: 60% of salary (maximum of $1,000/week)
- Maximum Benefit Period: 90 days
- Return To Work Responsibility
No STD Benefits will be paid for any period of Disability when you are able to work in your Own Occupation and able to earn at least 20% of your Pre-disability Earnings, but you elect not to work.
Note: Individuals residing in California, Hawaii, New Jersey, and New York are also covered by mandatory State Disability Insurance (SDI). This coverage through The Standard will coordinate with SDI as a secondary policy.
Deductible sources of income may impact your disability benefit.
- Elimination period: 90 days (after short-term disability policy ends)
- Weekly benefit: 66 2/3% of the first $7,500 of your pre-disability earnings (maximum of $5,000 per month)
- Benefit duration: Based on your age and when the disability occurs
Note: Deductible sources of income may impact your disability benefit.
Once eligible, you are automatically enrolled in The Navigators’ Basic Long-Term Care (LTC) policy to provide you with financial protection if you were to become chronically ill. “Chronic illness” is defined as the inability to perform two or more Activities of Daily Living (as defined by Unum) in addition to requiring substantial care and supervision due to severe cognitive impairment (such as by Alzheimer’s disease).
- Elimination period: 90 days
- Benefit duration: 3 years
- Facility benefit amount: $1,000 per month
- Assisted Living Facility and Professional Home Care: 100% up to $1,000 per month
- Lifetime Maximum: $36,000
In addition to the Basic Long-Term Care policy, you may choose to add Supplemental Long-Term Care for enhanced financial protection with options for increasing facility benefits and/or longer benefit durations. These choices require a medical underwriting process and are paid for by you. Please visit the UNUM website for more information, including rates and applications, to complete your enrollment: http://unuminfo.com/navigators/index.aspx
Long-Term Care Certificate of Coverage